As we often write here, content marketing isn’t just a trend. It’s here to stay and now represents a sustainable career path for talented writers, editors and other professionals with the skills to conceive of and create the content people crave.
This week’s news roundup is about hiring a content marketer, the job market in the field and the opportunities for talented professionals.
- What Managers Look for in Content Marketing Hires by Ayaz Nanji at MarketingProfs: “Most managers (94.5%) say writing and editing skills are one of the main qualities they look for in content marketing hires, according to a recent report from Kapost. Other key qualities cited by hiring managers include the following: the ability to collaborate across departments/teams (64.6% say that’s important), previous marketing experience (56.9%), a solid understanding of sales and marketing structure (44.8%), SEO experience (38.1%), and video production skills (10.5%).”
- 15 Impressive Content Marketing Hiring Stats by Amanda Nelson at Salesforce: “54% of companies plan to increase their content marketing teams, however, 83% say finding those hires is a difficult task. These stats and more come from a recent study by content marketing software provider, Kapost, which shows the huge growth potential of hiring in the content marketing space.”
- How to Pitch Content Marketing Editors at the ASJA Client Connections Event (or Anywhere) by Jennifer Gregory at The Content Marketing Writer: “If the client you are meeting with is a brand who is looking to hire writers directly, spend some researching their website to determine their industry and their target markets. Look around at blogs, white papers and any publications the company produces to get a good idea of the type of content that they need.”
- Content Marketing Recruiting Trends at Ironpaper: “It does not appear that hiring new recruits in the field will be easy for businesses, with 83.7% claiming that hiring for content marketing is difficult. The most desired skill within the content marketing profession is writing / editing and 94.5% of companies state it is an important skill set they seek in a candidate.”
- How To Hire Effective Content Marketing Writers and Editors by Grant Butler at Content Marketing Institute: “First, be sure your candidates can write. That may sound trite, but you’d be amazed how many people present well and have appropriate resumes, but lack a real aptitude for writing. And be warned, journalists can be published for years and even rise high despite having mediocre writing skills. Their saviors are the bosses and copy editors who fix their spelling, grammar, and even facts.”
We’re proud of our content marketing team, so contact us if you need help with your content marketing strategy or content creation.
Reputation Capital Media Services is a Baton Rouge, La., marketing agency that helps B2B companies and their marketing agencies produce high-quality digital content, including blog posts, e-mail newsletters, white papers and multimedia. Our editors and writers are experts in their fields, which include HR technology, employee benefits, and financial services and accounting. Contact us for a free 30-minute consultation to find out how great content can help you attract and retain your customers.