If you’re going to be in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, this summer and are interested in making some money and getting some great experience doing graphic design work as part of a fun and growing team, we have an excellent opportunity for you!
Reputation Capital, a fast-growing content marketing company, is looking for the perfect intern to aid our design team this summer. Our paid graphic design intern will work under close supervision with our creative director in our brand new office in downtown Baton Rouge. While assisting with a wide range of projects, our intern will gain hands on experience in a fluid segment of design: interactive design and digital publishing with an emphasis on content marketing.
- A commitment to working 10 hours per week from approximately mid-May to mid-August. Longer term opportunity is possible for the right person.
- Typesetting, HTML fixes, designing and/or selecting images for use on other marketing materials (blog posts, etc.).
- Learning more advanced skills as needed.
- Performing Internet research.
- Working on special projects as needed.
- Participation in a weekly internal call and any additional client calls as needed. Intern may be asked to take notes during calls/meetings.
- Assisting all members of the design staff as needed.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
Intern must be proficient in:
Intern must also have:
- Ability to work independently and with strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn and improve from frequent feedback and edits.
- Attention to detail.
- Research skills — gathering information for new projects.
- Excellent communication. We like our interns to be proactive and communicate often via phone, email, text, instant messaging and Skype/Google Hangouts.
- Intense curiosity and desire to learn new skills.
The following skills are not required, but will be considered a plus:
- Dream Weaver.
- Web design and development.
- Digital publishing.
Reputation Capital is a BYOD company. Intern will be expected to have a working smartphone and laptop.