WordPress is Web-based open-source software for managing web sites, blogs and other content. It provides a broad variety of useful features that help content marketers promote their businesses efficiently and effectively.
What Is WordPress Good For?
Almost anyone can use WordPress to set up and maintain a blog, website or combination of the two.
Initially developed to assist beginners build simple websites, WordPress has become much more powerful, which is now capable of sustaining a variety of websites, including basic blogs and social media-rich, full-sized business portals. Furthermore, WordPress allows you to customize the look and feel of your website to fit your business’ niche and brand perfectly.
What Is a WordPress Plugin?
Plugins are special pieces of software that you can use to extend WordPress’ capabilities beyond its basic features. WordPress has more than 22,000 plugins, which allow you to achieve numerous design or functionality goals, such as themes, SEO, multi-blogging and linking to social media.
5 Great WordPress Plugins for Customizing Blogs and Websites
Here are five great WordPress plugins for content marketing.
- Yoast SEO is an incredible tool for bloggers looking to maximize their SEO. Yoast offers a wider range of capabilities for assessing content and checking that it aligns with SEO best practices. Additionally, since Yoast permits you to edit meta information in bulk, it’s the perfect choice for indexing and de-indexing large sections of your website’s content.
- Digg Digg is a floating bar with social media share buttons that you can add to your site. It allows visitors to share the information they find on your website through Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter and any other social media outlets you choose.
- Disqus, pronounced “discuss,” makes commenting on content more interactive by connecting your website or blog with commenters across a discussion community. Its features include notifications, RSS options, social mentions, aggregate comments, administrative tools, whitelists, blacklists and full spam filtering.
- FeedBlitz captures RSS traffic to your WordPress site and tracks subscriber statistics, regardless of how your subscribers arrive at your site.
- LeadPlayer allows you to embed and play videos through your WordPress site. It gives you the opportunity to add a call-to-action button and an e-mail opt-in form to videos and hosts your videos on YouTube for free.
What are some of your favorite WordPress plugins for content marketing?
Reputation Capital Media Services is a Baton Rouge marketing agency that helps B2B companies and their marketing agencies produce high-quality digital content, including blog posts, e-mail newsletters, white papers and multimedia. Our editors and writers are experts in their fields, which include HR technology, employee benefits, and financial services and accounting. Contact us for a free 30-minute consultation to find out how great content can help you attract and retain your customers.